Credit and Collections Specialist
- Cleveland, OH
What you'll be doing
- Receives and reviews information from credit reports and contacts various credit sources to ensure credit packages or customer credit applications are complete. Following standard credit processes and procedures, assesses the risk of offering credit to new and existing customers for multiple divisions, business units or an area. Within a determined threshold, approves credit limits. Makes recommendations to the management team as appropriate for non-standard situations or situations in which request exceeds authority to approve. Accepts payment on certain accounts as appropriate and resolves most questions and problems, referring only the most complex to higher levels. On a regular basis, retrieves and reviews billing system reports to identify delinquent accounts. Following standard operating procedures, contacts customers via phone or standard letter to bring accounts to a current status. Prepares and provides reports reflecting status of credit and collection activity in area of responsibility. Documents credit and collections activity for assigned accounts. Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
What your background should be
- Directly related experience in which individuals have worked with customers in a collections capacity in a service based industry. A thorough knowledge and understanding of credit and collections transactions and processes. A minimum 2 years of collections, billing, customer service or related experience dealing directly with customers. Have MS Excel skills at an intermediate level. Demonstrated ability to follow standard operating procedures and instructions to complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner. The ability to effectively interact and communicate with customers in a professional manner. Good math aptitude and the ability to work accurately with numbers are essential.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the second largest non-hazardous solid waste management companies in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org