Crane Operator-Power Plant
- Morrisville, PA
What you'll be doing
- Operates crane smoothly to prevent excessive grapple swings, eliminate cable jerking, and reduce wear on electrical and mechanical parts. Maintains a trench along the tipping floor to facilitate the delivery of refuse from trucks. Operates monitors and cleans refuse cranes and related area, so that few arches from boiler feeder occur. Performs timely and complete crane inspections each shift. Records and logs inspection data, such as cable cuts and service length of cables, to identify recurring problems. Completes required lubrication of all grease points on the cranes and grapples. Maintains the crane control room and the area on and around the crane deck in a clean, neat, and orderly condition at all times. Reports changing trash conditions to the plant control room operator. Trains other staff to operate the crane as necessary. Completes the corporate and plant training programs within the time frame prescribed. Follows standard safety procedures, corrects safety and environmental hazards, and reports them to the shift supervisor immediately. Reads, understands, and applies information such as, lockout/tag out procedures, safety rules, job hazard analyses, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
What your background should be
- Mechanical skills sufficient to perform such routine tasks as replacement of becket pins, cable cuts and changes, equipment inspections and preventative maintenance. Licenses as required by local, state, federal, environmental and/or health/safety regulatory agencies.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- Concern about environmental solutions services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org