- Tempe, AZ
What you'll be doing
- Ensure course content, required materials, resources, design and development of engaging, interactive and instructionally sound materials that address various learning styles and are accessible to all students. Ensure course content is being presented as planned; assignments are received and recorded in accordance with established guidelines and standards. Identify and execute best practices for applying teaching and learning theories and instructional technologies to curriculum design. Continue to develop and coordinate the face-to-face version of the award winning writers studio deliver instruction to students registered for sections of English (principally composition) classes at the downtown Phoenix campus, with a primary focus on face-to-face writers studio (or similar program as defined by the course manager and faculty head). Respond and take required action to resolve issues as directed, problems and/or concerns associated with delivery of course content, evaluation procedures and use of technology; escalates to appropriate technical resource/area to ensure timely corrective action is executed. Address the day-to-day needs of the English faculty and the wider unit (e.g., serving as a discipline liaison). Execute effective and creative uses of technology to enhance instruction (e.g. lecture capture postings to YouTube), create new learning environments (e.g., social media communities), and extend pedagogical principles into digital environments. Work to establish and sustain partnerships in the local and professional community to grow the profile of the unit (languages & cultures) and college (CLS) in accordance with the values of the new American university.
What your background should be
- 4 years experience in an alternative educational environment or, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved. Evidence of graduate degree in in rhetoric and composition (or related field). Evidence of graduate coursework in rhetoric and composition (or related field). Experience teaching in a emporium model. Experience in working as part of collaborative teams to achieve pedagogical goals. Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills. Experience in working as part of collaborative teams.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
Who is the client company
- Concern about research and educational services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com