- Descanso, CA
What you'll be doing
- The counselor is responsible for the provision of clinical service to client and their family and for developing treatment plan and ongoing clinical documentation in the clinical management system. Perform primary counselor duty to client and their family including screening and intake, psychosocial assessment; client and family orientation, development of treatment plan; crisis intervention; group, individual, family and didactic session; discharge summary and planning; case management and coordination of treatment service with probation, school and other referral source. Provide service in multiple language to meet the need of the client and family. Responsible for timely and accurate completion of client note, chart, report and other documentation related to the treatment and progress note, documentation of attendance and participation in group, didactic and family session. perform all other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- At least two years of working with adolescents in a 7+ bed residential treatment facility or placement. Registered for compliance with DHCS requirements for substance abuse counselor.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalence required. AA or higher degree in behavioral science preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a nonprofit drug and alcohol rehabilitation organization.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com