Cost Estimating Analyst
- Mesa, AZ
What you'll be doing
- The cost estimating analyst is responsible for partnering with the proposal manager and the rest of the proposal team to respond to customers request for pricing (RFP). The role is responsible for collecting data from other proposal team members to generate cost estimates. The cost estimating analyst prepare and assist the proposal manager with delivering presentations in management pricing reviews. The role will require prioritization to work on a variety of proposals during the same time period. The candidate will review request for proposals and derive requirements as well as identify risks and opportunities to the cost estimate. The analyst develop business cases, participate in pricing reviews and be comfortable presenting to senior leadership. The analyst will be participate in the customer negotiation process, support potential audit activities and prepare cost volume reports.
What your background should be
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in finance or accounting with 2 years of cost estimating or cost proposal preparation. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel with past experience building complex spreadsheets. Knowledge of Microsoft Office with capability to learn cost estimating system operations (Pro-Pricer, CostPoint). Knowledge of FAR or DFAR or CAS. Experience with international contracts. The selected candidate must work well in cross functional teams and be able to make timely decisions possibly without 100% of the data available.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in finance or accounting.
Who is the client company
- This is an American aerospace manufacturer and defense industry company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org