- Lawton, OK
What you'll be doing
- Providing safety in program activities and supervising labor crews in various areas around facility. Conducting shakedown for contraband materials, either individually or as part of a specialized team; confiscating contraband in accordance to facility and contracting agency policies and procedures. Initiating disciplinary reports on inmates or detainees. Preparing reports and maintaining daily logs as required. Ensuring prompt and appropriate assistance to inmates or detainees in the event of injury, illness or trauma. Promoting facility cleanliness and reporting need for maintenance or repairs. Serving as member of special teams to respond to emergencies as required. Completing training courses as required by facility training standards. Performing correctional duties for any shift as defined by management. Performing other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Working experience in a correctional setting is preferred. College coursework and advanced training in behavioral sciences, correctional services or related field, preferred. Possession of applicable state requisites for employment. Ability to work overtime as required. Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with working extended hours. Must be able to regularly report to work without being late. Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is assigned. Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24 hour period. Required to possess valid driving license. Training in cultural diversity or sensitivity, preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent certification.
Who is the client company
- The client company is the world's leading provider of correctional, detention and community reentry services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org