Coordinator, Infection Prevention Control
- Carrollton, TX
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for coordination of the infection prevention and control activities in conjunction with the medical director. Compiles and analyzes surveillance of infections in patients and personnel to identify nosocomial infections and distributes results to appropriate committees. Monitors patient care activities to identify methods, techniques, equipment, supplies or new products which may constitute a risk of originating or transmitting infection. Initiates change through active participation on appropriate committees. Develops and maintains isolation techniques to comply with current standards of practice. Collaborates with all disciplines and departments in the healthcare facility to incorporate infection prevention and control principles in policies and procedures to provide a safe environment for patients and personnel. Assess educational needs; coordinates, conducts and evaluates formal and informal educational programs pertaining to infection prevention and control. Participates in special studies designed to identify unusual epidemic situations or to evaluate the impact of new procedures, equipment and delivery of patient care. Assures reporting of communicable diseases to the appropriate public health authority. Keeps abreast of new developments and information pertaining to healthcare infection prevention and control through personal study and participation in formal activities.
What your background should be
- 2 years of related experience preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- College degree in medical technology, epidemiology, microbiology or public health.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com