- Tucson, AZ
What you'll be doing
- Meets companies standards established for the dining services department. Reads, understands and complies with state regulations established for food service departments. Prepares food according to the menu for the day, so that residents will receive the meals they are expecting. Ensures all meals are prepared following recipes and guidelines established by the dining services director. Follows all requests for special diets in order to assure good resident health. Tastes, smells and observes food to ensure conformance with recipes and appearance standards. Measures satisfaction levels among residents by walk-thru and conversations with residents on meal satisfaction. Places food servings on plates using standard measuring ladles, scoops, spoons, etc. in order to assure residents are getting sufficient portions. Makes sure plates are attractively presented by using appropriate placement and garnishes as necessary. Meals are served on time according to the established and posted meal times for the community, every time. Provides residents seconds as needed to satiate their appetites. Prepares snacks for residents according to snack schedule and menu in order to assure residents are getting adequate nutrition and hydration. Properly cleans all equipment and work areas, including walls and floors, in order to provide a sanitary kitchen environment. Assures all open food in refrigerators and freezers are covered and dated and that outdated food is discarded promptly. Washes and sanitizes dishes according to foodservice standards. Prepares sanitation sink according to directions and monitors and documents sanitizing solution levels. Assures dish wash water is at least 150-160 degrees before beginning to wash dishes. Assures rinse water is at least 180 degrees. Operates the dishwashing process in an organized fashion. Scrapes and stacks dirty dishes in preparation for cleaning. Presents a clean and neat appearance, wearing aprons, hair nets and other protective clothing as necessary. Collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers. Maintains confidentiality of all pertinent personal or health information concerning residents and staff. Performs other duties as assigned and which relate to the success of companies and the care, comfort, and happiness or companies residents.
What your background should be
- One to three months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The ability to do make meals from scratch, is preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com