- Port Charlotte, FL
What you'll be doing
- Prepares, seasons and cooks food for patients, staff, visitors and special functions. Reviews menus to determine types and quantities of food. Prepares quality food in sufficient quantities to cover all service requirements. Coordinates timing of preparation in order to meet service schedules for patients, staff, visitors and catering services. Adheres to standardization of recipes and portion control to prevent food waste and control cost. Provides care and sanitation of equipment in production area. Adheres to sanitation and safety standards (HACCP). Participates in the process of ordering supplies. Gives directions to personnel who assist in food preparation. Orients and mentors new staff members.
What your background should be
- Completion of formal training program in food preparation preferred. Knowledge of basic principles and requirements of food safety and sanitation required. Knowledge of basic principles of nutrition as related to modified diets. Minimum one (1) year of food service experience in quantity food preparation or production in a hospital, extended care facility or other quality food service operation. Previous experience in food preparation in a hospital preferred. Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment. Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients or equipment up to 20 lbs. Ability to deal with stressful situations and to stand for long periods of time.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Who is the client company
- The client company is a full-service emergency care facility specializing in heart and vascular care and orthopedics.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org