- Winston-Salem, NC
What you'll be doing
- The cook is responsible for preparing meals following the daily production schedule and meal plans to ensure the appropriate amount of food is being prepared. Transports/serves meals to facility patients and staff. Washes dishes, trays, pot, pans, and other cooking utensils. Performs general cleaning duties (sweeping, mopping, trash removal, cleaning of drink machines, cooking equipment, etc.) to maintain a safe and healthy kitchen and food service area as well as to remain in compliance with Health department regulations. Role is physically demanding and position requires assisting with the unloading of food delivery and storage in proper location. Individuals considered for this position must have a friendly and outgoing attitude, must be service-oriented and willing to go beyond the general expectations to please the customer and have a positive team approach to accomplishing tasks.
What your background should be
- Culinary arts certificate or diploma preferred. Minimum two years experience as a cook or enrolled in a culinary arts program. Previous experience in healthcare dietary services setting preferred. Knowledge in food sanitation and safety, basic principles of nutrition, knowledge of quantity food production. Oral and written communication skills. Food service sanitation. Must have active NC driving license with minimal violations on driving record.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Who is the client company
- Concern about health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com