Controller (Business Unit, Manufacturing)
- Santa Clara, CA
What you'll be doing
- Contribute to business strategies, which include international locations and contract manufacturing. Seamlessly integrate with sales, marketing, R&D, operations, and supply chain on day-to-day challenges as well as business strategies and process improvement programs to maximize revenue and optimize expenses. Direct budgeting, 3-year plans, and all planning, development, and management of all the financial and manufacturing cost accounting aspects of the organization. Lead in the preparation of operating plans, capital budgets, and forecasts, including analysis of variances, profitability, and trends. Develop and approve strategic financial analysis for decision-making. Lead and develop the finance dept. Staff. Create and maintain strong internal controls, and act as liaison to internal and external auditors. Ensure business unit operates within GAAP and company policies.
What your background should be
- Minimum 15+ years of accounting experience with 7 or more years of progressive financial management experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience with managing a full P&L and balance sheet. Experience developing and maintaining internal controls accounting procedures (Sarbanes-Oxley Act). Strong and demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills. Excellent business communication skills. Prior experience writing quarterly MD&A preferred. Experience in financial partnering to a manufacturing and R&D environment. Strong time management and organizational and skills. Proficiency in all programs of MS office software suite. Experience with Oracle and Hyperion applications preferred. Experience with government contact accounting is preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- BS degree in accounting/finance; MBA & CPA are preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the world's leading providers of lasers and laser-based technology for scientific, commercial, and industrial customers competing in the most demanding markets.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com