Consumer Lending Underwriter
- San Diego, CA
What you'll be doing
- The consumer lending underwriter analyzes and evaluates consumer loan applications in accordance with industry and business unit standards. Gathers, analyzes and interprets all types of credit information for existing and prospective retail banking customers in order to maximize credit and minimize risk and potential loss. Develops and maintains a loan and lease portfolio consistent with the banks guidelines for credit quality and pricing. Approves and/or denies loans within certain limits and makes credit structure and loan pricing decisions. Counsels lenders on the proper structuring of loans.
What your background should be
- Three to five years of experience in credit analysis and/or underwriting loans. Preferred skills/experience. Strong credit, risk analysis, and analytical skills. Ability to analyze and interpret credit quality information. Thorough understanding of general economic theory as it relates to the lending and business environment. Thorough knowledge in credit analysis, underwriting, administration, policy and procedure. Advanced knowledge of accounting and finance principles. Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications. Effective verbal communication and technical report writing skills. Knowledge of regulatory requirements.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent work experience
Who is the client company
- The company provides financial service.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org