Consultant Actuarial-Actuarial Reserving
- Hartford, CT
What you'll be doing
- The consultant actuarial is responsible for the analysis and reserving of late emerging general liability claims such as asbestos, environmental, construction defect, and other mass torts. Identify and predict the late reported claim trends, including internal, competitor and industry trends. Share findings, risks and opportunities with impacted departments. Work side by side with claim and legal partners to recognize and analyze emerging trends and develop strategies around risks and opportunities. Use a range of reserving models (ground up, report year, stochastic, and others) that enhance and incorporate new trends and claim characteristics. Drive forward innovations and improvements and see the impact of work from inception to conclusion. This includes sharing findings with management, developing appropriate support for the annual actuarial report, statutory/GAAP reporting, and auditor questions, and working with partners across teams to make meaningful changes. Collaborate with IT and practices to enhance data & technology solutions. Share findings across departments (finance, claims, legal, actuarial, lines of business, etc.) and drive initiatives to improve profitability.
What your background should be
- Candidate needs 1 to 3+ years of experience supporting an actuarial function and experience in the P&C insurance industry preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Attention to detail with strong time management skills and ability to weigh costs and benefits. Build strong partnerships demonstrate integrity and build trust with others. Experience with actuarial reserving methods preferred and microsoft Excel and Access, SAS a plus. Driven, passionate, resourceful and creative.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelors in math, statistics, finance, actuarial science or a closely related field
Who is the client company
- A renowned investment and insurance company with a vast network of agents and brokers.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com