Consultant, Accounting & Transaction Services
- McLean, VA
What you'll be doing
- As a consultant in companies accounting and transaction services solution area, you will provide a full range of services by utilizing your educational background and organizational skills while serving the firm's dynamic client base. Assist in problem solving and fact finding, working side by side with experienced team members who can provide you with direction, coaching and learning opportunities. Participate in projects involving technical accounting and reporting support, audit readiness and transaction services. You will have the flexibility to assist with a variety of technical accounting projects, financial reporting roles, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) projects, liaison roles between client and auditor, drafting of registration statements and other public filings, or getting involved in M&A transaction projects. Typical activities include the following: executing an audit or work program with assistance from other members of the team. Performing tests of controls related to section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley act. Assist in the preparation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP. Prepare work papers. Work with senior management to provide suggestions to improve client internal controls and accounting procedures. Maintain relationships and communicating with key client personnel to understand business operations, processes and functions. Research technical accounting issues specific to the nature of clients agreements and transactions.
What your background should be
- Relevant accounting internships or up to 2 years of technical accounting or external audit experience preferred. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS). Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work as part of a team. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Ability to work with people at all levels of organizations in various industries. Knowledge of tier 1 accounting packages (Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft): preferred. Ability to consistently meet deadlines in a challenging and dynamic environment. Professionalism and a can succeed attitude is a must. Flexibility for travel.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in accounting required.
Who is the client company
- The client company is a strategy and execution-focused business consulting firm and professional advisor.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org