- Washington, DC
What you'll be doing
- Perform analysis of business processes to identify key risks and internal controls. Participate in walkthrough meetings with process owners. Document business processes in narrative and risk control matrix format, according to OMB a-123 appendix a requirements. Develop test plans and test controls for operating effectiveness. Document work completed by preparing work papers. Execute an audit/work program. Review work products to ensure technical accuracy, deliverable quality, and overall value to client. Provide suggestions to management leaders and external clients to improve client internal controls, accounting procedures, and financial statements. Maintain relationships and communicate with key client personnel to understand business operations, processes, and functions. Prepare presentations and briefings, and actively participate in client meetings and day-to-day interactions.
What your background should be
- 1+ years of federal financial management experience required. Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance required. Active security clearance strongly preferred. Experience with United States standard general ledger (USSGL), OMB A-123, CFO Act, FMFIA, FFMIA, GAGAS (Yellow Book), and OMB Circulars. Collaborative team-building skills. Ability to build trust and quickly establish credibility across all levels of client organizations and with client stakeholders. Outstanding written, communication, and presentation skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, information technology, or business management required.
Who is the client company
- This is a strategy and execution-focused business-consulting firm.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org