Construction and Medical Substitute Instructor
- San Marcos, TX
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for providing instruction, managing the classroom environment, and promoting student learning in the absence of the regular classroom instructor. Implement instructor lesson plans as outlined, assign student class work and maintain classroom control and discipline. Take attendance and ensure students are in dress code in accordance to center policy. Leave a report for the instructor and include what assignments were completed and behavior of students. Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits. Coordinate with counselors and staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training. Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment. Provide positive, quality customer service to students, staff and other center customers. Ensure students learn and practice set behavioral expectations that support employability and social development for career readiness success. Support and promote center zero tolerance policies. Promote the development of career success standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions. Maintain accountability of staff, students and property; adhere to safety practices; attend all required training. It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
What your background should be
- Experience working with youth. Excellent written and verbal communication and computer proficiency required. Valid driving license with an acceptable driving record.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school education or general equivalency diploma (GED) equivalent.
Who is the client company
- Concern about education and management services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org