Computer Technology Teacher Assistant
- Dallas, TX
What you'll be doing
- Operate computer laboratory including start up, maintenance and shutdown. Instruct students in tutorial programs on the computer, proper operations of computer equipment, maintenance of workstations and standards of behavior during laboratory time. Ensure only eligible students access the computer equipment and that inappropriate software is not utilized on laboratory computers. Run daily progress reports for each student and distribute to appropriate teachers. Operate management station as necessary to provide effective instruction through proper use of individual prescriptions. Extract data to prepare parent reports, letters, rosters, etc. as needed. Maintain liaison with primary teachers to ensure that reinforcement requirements are adequate. Establish and maintain individual student record files by the use of appropriate school records and prescriptive tests. Ensure students eligibility for participation in the program. Prepare and maintain current master lists of students enrolled in the school's program.
What your background should be
- Paraprofessional certificate required from state board of certification. One year of experience working with young children in such areas as public or non-public schools, licensed day care centers, youth groups, church groups, etc. Demonstrated computer skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate instructions to students regarding the proper use of laboratory computers. Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot computer problems. Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of district personnel and students. Demonstrated organizational, communication and interpersonal skills required to achieve the goals of the position. Bilingual (English or Spanish) abilities are desirable.
Required Schooling / Training
- Accredited senior high school diploma or equivalent. Associate degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- Concern about educational services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com