Computer Systems Technologist
- Aurora, CO
What you'll be doing
- The incumbent of this position will serve as a computer systems technologist. The candidate will be accountable for monitoring and maintaining computer configurations and performance. S/he will be responsible for processing information, compiling and coding; categorizing and calculating; tabulating and auditing or verifying information or data. Work with engineering and operations teams to troubleshoot and support systems in a 24x7 operating environment. Perform system operating system and hardware upgrades. Test and install computer security patches. Create and maintain system reconstitution procedures. Perform periodic system backups. Develop and implement scripts to improve system performance and maintainability. Provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitor performance. Maintain system documentation, configuration documents, user guides and troubleshooting procedures. Perform other duties as assigned or required.
What your background should be
- Previous work experience with related wok field preferred. Demonstrated system administration experience with windows and unix operating systems required. Experience with support and maintenance of large scale systems comprised of hardware and software elements required. Basic understanding of network communications and configurations required. Demonstrated knowledge in following scripting languages such as bourne, perl, korn, bash and awk preferred. System administrator experience with following operation systems such as solaris, linux, vxworks and windows preferred. Knowledge in oracle database technologies preferred. Knowledge in following programming languages c, c++, java or visual basic required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in information technology or related degree from an accredited college required (GPA 3.0 or higher required).
Who is the client company
- This company is a major American defense contractor and industrial corporation with core manufacturing concentrations in weapons and military and commercial electronics.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com