Companion Animal Department Manager
- Round Rock, TX
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for the welfare of all live animal and merchandise within the department. Ensure all supply back stock is worked daily and all other department back stock a minimum of 3x per week. Responsible for order of live animal to maximize sales, margin and inventory. Ensure OSE standard maintain in the department. Provide training and coaching in guest and product knowledge to associate daily on the sales floor and on an ongoing basis. Ensure a friendly and courteous atmosphere by all associate in the department. Achieve minimum presentation standard at all time in aquatic. Ensure the health, proper handling and welfare of all animal are met according to client company. Achieve attachment rate goal. Partner with the inventory manager to ensure in stock level. Effectively organize and price all clearance merchandise for the department. Assist the GM or AM in planning out location change needed to the grid and ad planner to maximize sales. Analyze data for the department and make recommendation for improvement. Communicate all situation or condition to the GM or AM that affect the store (e.g. customer complaint, item request, inadequate inventory level, etc.). Ensure the proper handle and documentation for all adoption animal. Follow companies protocol for all sick animal. Ensure the completion of all planogram. Provide quick and courteous service to all customer by utilizing the guest model throughout the store to include the cashier. Ensure that the store is opened or closed in accordance with established client company. Perform all special or other project as assigned.
What your background should be
- Previous experience in retail setting as a department manager, team lead or sales associate. Successful completion of all 4 CAS certification. Experience supervising associates or demonstrating an aptitude for training, motivation and sales technologies, analytical abilities as well as a professional appearance and demeanor. Must be licensed to operate a motor vehicle. Must be able to lift 50 lbs and pull 2000 lbs utilizing material handling equipment.
Required Schooling / Training
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
Who is the client company
- The client company is a privately held pet retailer in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org