Companion Animal Department Manager
- Mountain City, NV
What you'll be doing
- Ensure all supply back stock is worked daily and all other department back stock a minimum of 3X per week. Ensure OSE standards are maintained in the department. Provide training and coaching in guest and product knowledge to associates daily on the sales floor and on an ongoing basis. Ensure a friendly and courteous atmosphere by all associates in the department. Achieve minimum presentation standards at all times in aquatics. Ensure the health; proper handling and welfare of all animals are met according to P&Ps. Achieve attachment rate goals. In partnership with the GM/AM, review departmental scheduling to ensure in-stock goals are achieved and customer service during peak hours. Partner with the inventory manager to ensure in-stock levels. Goals are achieved by reporting max changes or requested overrides are achieving inventory. Effectively organize and price all clearance merchandise for the department. Assist the GM/AM in planning out location changes needed to the grid and ad planner to maximize sales. Analyze Polaris data for the department and make recommendations for improvement. Manage and coach sales associates, aquatic specialists in providing great customer service and in performing their assigned tasks with the objective of achieving budgeted sales. Communicate all situations and/or conditions to the GM/AM that affect the store (e.g., customer complaints, item requests, inadequate inventory levels, etc.). Ensure the proper handling and documentation for all adoption animals. Follow vet protocol for all sick animals. Ensure the completion of all planograms, cut INS and reworks. Perform duties and assume responsibility as manager on duty (mod) as needed. Perform all special or other projects as assigned.
What your background should be
- Previous experience in retail setting as a department manager, team lead or sales associate. Successful completion of all 4 CAS certification. Experience supervising associates, or demonstrating an aptitude for training, motivation and sales technologies, analytical abilities as well as a professional appearance and demeanor. Must be licensed to operate a motor vehicle.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED is required.
Who is the client company
- This is a privately held pet retailer in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com