Community Engagement Coordinator
- Austin, TX
What you'll be doing
- Under the direction of the Executive Director of facilities or designee, the incumbent will be responsible for overall strategic engagement planning, coordination, logistics, status reporting and stability of community engagement projects related to the implementation of bond projects and other facilities related community engagement efforts. The incumbent will work with internal and external partners to develop, plan and host meetings and other stakeholder involvement opportunities. Incumbent will expected to develop meeting materials (including graphics and web support), meeting agendas, and other support materials. The incumbent will collaborate with existing communication and community engagement staff within the Chief operations officer/department of facilities and the department of communications and community engagement to ensure that a continuum of communication, community engagement, public affairs, stakeholder process, and marketing needs met.
What your background should be
- A minimum of three years of professional community engagement experience with a proven record in a fast-paced environment. Prefer experience with graphics software, such as in design, Photoshop, or illustrator; experience or training in meeting facilitation and mediation techniques; and experience in Microsoft project. Demonstrated ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and contacts with the public, news media, government officials and others in the course of assignment. Exceptional oral, writing, proofreading and editing skills with a demonstrated ability to translate technical or complex subjects for general audiences. Knowledge of crisis management techniques and strategies to keep people informed appropriately while managing the release of information during emergencies. Knowledge of media tactics, including interview techniques and preparation. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). Prefer fluency in more than one language, preferably English and Spanish. Valid driving license.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in communications, public affairs or related field is required. Master degree is preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the largest and renowned public school districts in Texas that operates schools in much of Travis County.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org