Commercial Insurance Marketing Associate
- Hartford, CT
What you'll be doing
- Uses expertise and experience in insurance industry and multiple lines of business to understand client needs and negotiate coverage and premiums with most appropriate insurance carrier. Works with client directly to ensure understanding of individual and business needs. Makes recommendations to producer that are generally accepted and acted on, producer relies heavily on commercial marketing associate expertise. Recommends change in exposure or type of policy. Consults with client to ensure they provide pertinent and relevant information need to obtain most appropriate coverage. Develops timely recommendations for coverage modifications and participates in producer presentation to prospects and clients to add value based on insurance industry and business line expertise. Gathers, obtains and analyzes marketing information supplied by sales staff or directly from the client and prepares application to the insurance company. Reviews insurance company contracts and provides recommendations for modifications to address client specific risk profiles. Develops and maintains key relationships with producers, clients/prospects and underwriters to promote a positive image to enable successful negotiation of tailored insurance programs. Works closely with insurance company representatives to monitor the market trends and product changes.
What your background should be
- Minimum 5 years of industry standard product experience and 2-3 years professional insurance product experience is required. Ability to foster and cultivate relationships with external contacts. Expertise in commercial insurance products and services. Ability to manage multiple priorities under project deadlines. Excellent PC skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, internal and industry standard software. Excellent written, verbal and negotiation skills are needed. Excellent analytical skills are needed to coach client and producer in obtaining most appropriate coverage.
Required Schooling / Training
- College degree or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- Concern about the financial services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org