- Arlington, TX
What you'll be doing
- Perform complete pre and post operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with company policy to ensure tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipments, gauges and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports. Safely operate manual or automatic controls in accordance with company safety policies and procedures to lift and load refuse, operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility. Courteously interact with all customers, dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely manner. Identify unsatisfactory waste containers and tag containers in accordance with applicable departmental procedures. Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste. Clean area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies. Continuously monitor the condition of the vehicle to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean waste from the packer blade and truck body on each disposal trip. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Two years of prior experience driving heavy commercial trucks. Experience in a customer-facing position. Class A commercial driving license. Class B or higher commercial driving license with air brakes endorsement. Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; act in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness. Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner. Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the largest non-hazardous solid waste management companies in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com