- Houston, TX
What you'll be doing
- As a commercial analyst, the candidate will focus on market analyzes that provide keen commercial insight into the supply and trading teams. Understand p/l, exposure and MTM and be able to manage, explain and report financial earnings. Support the development of the business plan. Monitor the market, assimilates information from multiple sources, and offers observations and recommendations to the supply or trading team. Assist in developing forward pricing for trading and system optimization purposes. Recommend deal structures (futures, options, forwards, swaps) that enhance the profitability of the current trading portfolios. Monitor trading positions for market moves and recommends a point of exit or entry. Perform tactical market and competitor analysis on a regional and commodity develop and maintain analytical models for the business such as arbitrage, supply or demand, price forecasting and simulation, storage, option valuation, risk exposure and other fundamental models. Perform technical analysis and recommend trading positions. Support the commercial business manager with any internal analysis of financial (IE cash flows). Investigate and suggest new business opportunities and potential profitability of these new ventures. Partner with other business units and departments to identify and facilitate analytical process improvements.
What your background should be
- Engineering, economics, finance or other analytical discipline with appropriate work experience is required. The applicant must have strong written and oral communication skills and ability to apply financial, econometric, statistical and competitive analysis models. Working knowledge of shipping, logistics, transportation, blending, inventory management, refining, marketing and production operations are preferred. Proficiency with MS Excel, web and data mining tools and other analytical, statistical and optimization programs is required. The ability to pinpoint and deliver useful analysis that adds to the profitability of the business.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree is required and masters degree is preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is an American multinational energy and oil company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com