Coding Education Team Member
- Sacramento, CA
What you'll be doing
- Ensures understanding and correct application of coding information and access to current standards and other related reference materials. Answers questions and strives to build understanding of coding across other revenue cycle functions. Supports affiliates implementing EPIC/computer assisted coding systems and prepares coding staff for ICD-10 implementation. Supports the success of a high-performing shared services organization by helping to champion and drive the long-term company shared services vision. Helps foster an environment in which continuous improvement in business processes and services is welcomed and recognized. Participates in programs and in using tools in support of building a high performance culture via the standard company shared services responsibilities (e.g. performance measurement, people development, customer relationship management, etc.).
What your background should be
- Certified coding specialist or certified coding specialist. Demonstrated experience and a proven track record in coding, training, and/or service development in a facility of significant size and complexity, hospital business operations, information systems, and coding applications, as typically acquired in 3-5 years of experience. Performing acute care inpatient, outpatient, and/or emergency department coding. Demonstrated teaching and/or training experience. Experience participating in coding standards, processes, policies, procedures and service level agreements. Experience in complex regional/ shared service environment with multiple/ matrix reporting relationships preferred knowledge.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma/GED required. AA/AS degree or equivalent education and experience.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org