- Novato, CA
What you'll be doing
- Review current status of patient accounts to identify and resolve coding problems in a timely manner. Ensure reviews are in accordance with centers of medicare and medicaid services and other third party payers coding regulations. Review relevant documentation and ensure documentation supports services billed. Research difficult coding questions thoroughly in order to maintain high quality standards. Assist in education of providers and staff regarding coding procedures and policies to ensure compliance. Maintain service/customer relationships with health plans. Cross train and perform other coding functions as directed by the department manager. Any other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
What your background should be
- Coding certification required. Expertise in ICD-9-CM/ICD-10-CM and CPT. Knowledgeable about medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, disease processes and pharmacology. Must be detailed oriented and able to work as a team member. Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required. Proficient in the full Microsoft Office suite.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com