Coder/Health Information Management
- Murrieta, CA
What you'll be doing
- Work with fellow employees inside and outside the health information management (HIM) department to ensure timely and accurate charging and coding. Work with the clerical him staff and other coders to ensure a smooth workflow process to meet the requirements of company corporate F.I.R.E. report and B.O.M.R. report. Understand the observation guidelines in accordance with CMS/Medicare and refer questionable charts to the HIM manager or to case management, as appropriate. Work with the HIM manager to provide back-up coverage for correcting standard edits to ensure clean data submission to meet state of California OSHPD guidelines for timeliness and accuracy in the submission of data.
What your background should be
- One year of experience in an acute healthcare setting preferred. Hold a current registered health information administrator certificate (RHIA) or eligible: or a current registered health information technician certificate (RHIA) or eligible or a current certified coding specialist (CCS) or eligible or certified coding specialist. Physician (CCS-P) certificate or eligible. All certifications are accredited by the American health information management association. May also hold a current certified professional coder (CPC) certificate or eligible.
Required Schooling / Training
- Hold an A.S. degree in health information management from an accredited two-year program in a college or a B.S/B.A. degree in health information management from an accredited four-year program in a college/university or recent graduation from an accredited coding program.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the largest hospital management companies in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org