- Hartford, CT
What you'll be doing
- The clinician is responsible to provide quality clinical services for a full range and volume of agency cases under regular supervision. Successfully engage clients in services as demonstrated by client treatment, completion rates, increased client functioning, and client completion of treatment plan objectives. The candidate will formulate psychosocial evaluations, diagnoses, and treatment plans with supervisory support. Demonstrate an increasing comprehension of the dynamics of human behavior, family systems, substance abuse, co-occurring disorders, and appropriate intervention techniques. Provide treatment services appropriate to the personal and cultural identity and language of the client. S/he will evaluate and treat co-occurring disorders with using a standardized co-occurring assessment tool focusing on both substance abuse and mental health disorders. Provide specific documentation of history and chronology of both mental health and substance abuse disorders; treatment plans routinely address mental health and substance abuse disorders equivalently and in specific detail, treatment interventions in addition to medications used to address mental health disorders. Provide integrated evidence based practice to clients as evidenced by supervisor observation, case presentations and audio or videotaped sessions with clients. Determine the client readiness for treatment and change as well as the needs of others involved in the current situation. Carry out appropriate treatment plans, according to agency best practice standards, and evaluate the progress throughout treatment and at termination. Adhere to professional ethical and behavioral standards of conduct to maintain professional standards and safeguard the client. Demonstrate respect and nonjudgmental attitudes toward clients in all contacts with clients, community professionals, and agencies. The applicant may supervise staff of BHW I or master level of counseling, marriage and family or social work interns. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- The candidate must meet certificate and license standards established by the state of ct and the council on accreditation. S/he should have demonstrate the ability to understand models and theories related to individuals with mental health, substance use and/or co-occurring disorders, ability to apply mental health, addiction and co-occurring theory to practice, and ability to conduct a thorough clinical evaluation of individuals with mental health, substance use and co-occurring disorders and establish a DSM-IV TR diagnosis.
Required Schooling / Training
- Master degree in the human service related field, and two years of post-graduation work experience.
Who is the client company
- This is a non-profit organization with a myriad of vital services in communities through its network of agencies provides help and creates hope for thousands of people each year regardless of religious, social or economic backgrounds.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org