Clinical Trial Research Coordinator
- Santa Clara, CA
What you'll be doing
- The clinical trial research coordinator is a novice level position which, under the clinical direction of the principal investigator, assists in the operational & administrative research. This is a non-licensed position which works under the daily supervision of an experienced clinical trial nurse, clinical trial research coordinator, and/or kfri-designated, licensed clinical trial research staff member. Primary responsibilities are to provide data management in a timely manner for patients on cancer trials including facilitating patient entry into programs and managing and collecting data for submission to research centers. Will manage all screening, active treatment and follow up data form submissions, xrays and pathology specimens for all protocols patients. The incumbent will assist in the oncologist in ordering/scheduling specific protocol tests/appointments as directed by physician or research nurse. Maintain irb regulatory material at the local site level. Coordinate adverse event/serious adverse event submissions to the irb and sponsors. Prepare and assist in any required audits. Assist the director and manager of the program in other assigned projects as required by the kp clinical trials program.
What your background should be
- Two years of work experience in an ambulatory and/or acute health care setting required. (LVN may be substituted for an AA degree). Current BLS certification required. Applicant must be proficient in electronic health systems and databases used in research environment and word-processing or willingness to learn within three months of hire. Demonstrate organizational and communication skills, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, proficiency in medical terminology, attention to detail and accuracy, ability to manage multiple tasks, ability to be flexible and dependable, ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams are expected from the applicant. CPR certification, CCRC a plus.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or general education development (GED) required. Associate degree or higher preferred.
Who is the client company
- The client is an integrated and the largest managed care organization in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com