- Charlotte, NC
What you'll be doing
- Assists the designated leader with daily operations and in the direct provision of patient care. Demonstrates and supports a professional practice model that allows nurses to work in collaboration with interdisciplinary partners to achieve high quality patient outcomes. Demonstrates transformational leadership behaviors and serves as a change agent assisting team members in understanding the importance, necessity, impact and process of change. Serves as an advocate for the rights of patients, patient families, team members, students and other disciplines especially related to health and safety. Participates in the practice and hospital performance improvement program. Coaches and counsels team members and administers discipline. Assists the designated leader with interviews, selection, coaches, counsels and supervises nursing team members. Assists with appropriate utilization of resources to meet patient care needs. Rounds on patients, team members and physicians to gain insight into patient care, team members, and physician satisfaction and appropriateness of patient care and/or department operations. Collects and analyzes data pertinent to the healthcare consumers health and/or the situation in a systematic and ongoing process utilizing evidence based assessment techniques. Assists the leader in identifying, developing and implementing plans that coordinate care delivery processes in the department and employ strategies to promote health and a safe environment. Performs nursing care, assists with treatments, therapies, procedures, and administers medications. Assists with the recruitment and retention of qualified team members. Orients, educates, credentials and continues professional development of team members. Assists with appropriate allocation of resources to meet the unit needs.
What your background should be
- Must be able to lift and support the weight of 51 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak and understand English fluently. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and unit conditions. Approved professional certification and BSN required. Current licensure to practice as a registered nurse or temporary license as a registered nurse petitioner in the state of North Carolina or compact state as applicable required. Basic life support for healthcare provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required.
Who is the client company
- This company is a nonprofit hospital network which operates hospitals, freestanding emergency departments, urgent care centers and medical practices.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com