- Aventura, FL
What you'll be doing
- Interpret orders and transcribes or verifies them accurately and efficiently into the pharmacy computer system. Accurately compound and dispense pharmaceuticals. Comply with facility policy, procedures, and regulatory requirements. Monitor drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies, and appropriateness of drug and dose. Suggest appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic medication alternatives to medical staff. Sustain the hospital formulary, minimizing non-formulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic interchanges and promote rational drug therapy selection. Provide accurate and timely medication information to healthcare staff and patients. Assist with clinical services such as drug consults, nutrition support, pharmacokinetics, anticoagulant monitoring, pain management, IV to PO, renal dosing and other programs as defined by pharmacy leadership. Assist with the antimicrobial management and other clinical programs. Support and participate in the goals of the organization quality improvement, risk management, and patient safety program to include but not limited to national patient safety goals, core measures and HCAHPS medication related initiatives.
What your background should be
- Minimum one year of hospital experience is preferred. Active pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate state board of pharmacy. Communication skills to communicate clearly and concisely. Customer orientation to establish and maintain long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting or exceeding expectations. Interpersonal skills to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties. PC skills to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office, Meditech, and purchasing vendor applications and others as required.
Required Schooling / Training
- BS from an accredited school of pharmacy. Pharm.D from an ACPE is preferred.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com