Clinical Monitoring Associate
- Shenandoah, TX
What you'll be doing
- Review doctor's schedule, abstract as needed. Prepare and submit patient documents for scanning. Monitor assigned in basket and complete work as needed. Provide pre-printed patient educational material as directed. Follow HIPAA policy and procedures regarding patient confidentiality. Monitor in basket for orders placed by physician and perform tasks that need to be completed. Assist physician with preparing patient for examination & minor office procedures. Transport patient within facility as needed. Remove and tag broken equipment and notifies coordinator, supervisor, or manager. Clean exam rooms daily and documents on log monitors supplies for expiration date and restock to par levels. Perform sterilization of instruments and complete logs. Attend staff meetings. Maintain a clean and organized work area with a minimum of personal items. Perform accurate, legal, & ethical documentation. Use aseptic or sterile technique as needed. Verify equipment has a current pm label before use. Identify and report potential barriers for the safe provision of patient care and maintains a safe patient environment. Practice mutual respect among all members of the healthcare team. Work with other staff to promote an efficient and effective healthcare team. Contribute and participate in the department and clinic process improvement plans. Follow all safety standards for patients, employees and visitors. Recognize and adhere to national patient safety goals.
What your background should be
- 6 months experience as a medical assistant. Certified or registered as a medical assistant. Able to use equipment and related supplies for selected patient population. Knowledge of basic medical/nursing terminology. Ability to communicate both verbally and written with customers and other employees. Knowledge of Microsoft office and familiarity with computer basics is preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED required. Graduate from an accredited medical assistant program preferred.
Who is the client company
- Concern about health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com