Clinical Informatics Specialist
- Eden Prairie, MN
What you'll be doing
- Acts as a nursing and health informatics expert supporting the clinical teams, case managers, clinical training, information technology and healthcare analytics, translating the clinical processes into assessment, pathway and plan of care tools. Recognizes opportunities to maximize technology to enhance individual and population health outcomes, efficiency and clinical documentation that clearly tells the defined product or program value story. Designs processes within the plan of care capability to collect, record and share consumer information, reduce duplication, standardize clinical practice and documentation and meet all regulatory requirements. Mapping clinical data to standard taxonomy as translation expert. Develops clinical guidelines from evidenced based practice. Works with nurses as subject matter expert in standard terminologies. Supports construction and maintenances of data definitions for system uses and interpretations. Supports mapping of clinical assessments to standard data structures. Acts as project lead for implementations and migrations of clinical programs. Utilizes critical analysis to plan, problem solve and to mitigate risk in the deployment and implementation of an innovative health care record. Assures reporting and analytics metrics are addressed in data collection available from the electronic health record. Partners with the value realization team, assures program value metrics are defined and met by the standardized documentation. Problem solves application and workflow issues, works with team to resolve the concerns and improves results to accurate reflect clinical services. Develops and updates policies, procedures and job aids pertaining to clinical information system management.
What your background should be
- Clinical informatics coursework. 3+ years of experience in a clinical setting. A valid, unrestricted and current RN license. Strong business management or project management experience. 1+ year of clinical informatics experience (work or project related). Demonstrated experience with standardized languages (working knowledge of Omaha System). Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs Excel and PowerPoint.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in nursing or other healthcare related degree. Master's degree or graduate study in progress preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is an American diversified managed health care company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com