Clinical Education Consultant
- Winston Salem, NC
What you'll be doing
- Facilitates a learning environment for clinical and non-clinical staff that fosters employee development, quality improvement, and continuous learning. Develops learning solutions that engage the learner and produces desired business goals and objectives. Evaluates, analyzes, and monitors staff performance to achieve excellence in quality. Responsible for new employee training and orientation to departmental policies and procedures. Identifies and implements alternative methods of learning as required based on individual learning styles. Performs oversees quality audits of staff to ensure compliance with departmental, plan and regulated policies and procedures. Designs effective learning solutions when quality deficiencies are identified. Monitors and reports on individual and department results to include bench marking and trending. Performs reinforcement training of established processes based on analysis of quality audit reviews. Acts as a day to day resource for technical assistance and clinical decision making. Provides guidance with interpretation of clinical aspects of corporate medical policy to assist in making medical decisions. Assess relevant training needs for all staff and individuals. Produces training strategies to meet training and developmental needs; and manages the training delivery, measurements and appropriate follow up. Maintains knowledge and makes appropriate knowledge transfer of information as needed. Performs other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Minimum one year in previous training role to include classroom facilitation, participating in training as subject matter expert, perfecting, or development of job aids. RN or LPN required. For RN/LPN, 3 to 5 years of previous clinical nursing experience, preferably in a variety of clinical settings, 2 years of which are in health insurance related industry such as utilization management processes, managing health conditions, understanding medical criteria, medical guidelines, medical policy and NCQA and DOI regulations. Experience working within PowerMHS, MaxMC, IPD, ServiceFirst, and ANSIR. Must hold and maintain a valid North Carolina clinical license. Prior experience in a formalized instructional role preferred. Experience in design and development of learning materials (e.g., job aids, process documents) preferred. Previous experience with formal presentations, facilitating meetings, customer presentations, conducting group discussions / on the job training is preferred. Certified professional in learning and performance (CPLP) by the American society for training and development preferred. Coding certification strongly preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a health insurance company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org