Clinical Documentation Specialist
- Grand Rapids, MI
What you'll be doing
- Utilizes advanced coding and/or clinical expertise to direct efforts toward the improvement of clinical documentation through the roles of educator and consultant. Facilitates improvement in the overall quality, completeness, and accuracy of medical record documentation through extensive record review. Through extensive interactions with physicians and other members of the healthcare team, achieves appropriate clinical documentation to support the medical necessity and level of services rendered to all patients. Participates in the development and delivery of education for providers and members of the healthcare team.
What your background should be
- 5 to 10 years of HIM/inpatient coding experience. 10 years of experience in acute inpatient coding preferred. Certification preferred in RHIA, RHIT, CCS.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associate/diploma degree in nursing, health information required; bachelor in health information management.
Who is the client company
- This is an American staffing agency.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com