- Pineville, NC
What you'll be doing
- Records patient general condition; takes and records vital signs, height, and weight; assists physicians and advanced clinical practitioners with examinations, diagnostic procedures, and treatments, such as allergy shots and injections/immunizations. Performs venipuncture, verifies vital signs, and approved laboratory test as required. Assists with collection of specimens of body fluids such as urine, and blood for laboratory testing, completes lab requisitions, and prepares specimens for pick-up. Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines, OSHA and CLIA standards. Ensures all ordered diagnostic tests are tracked and logged and the physician presented with test results for review and follow-up. Assists with patient inquiries for prescription refills, appointment scheduling and referral authorization as needed. Documents all patient care/interactions in patient medical record. Promotes wellness by providing patient education materials and communicating physician advice and instructions. Inspects all emergency medical equipment, diagnostic testing equipment and all other medical and surgical instruments and equipment to ensure properly cleaned, maintained, and are in good work order on a routine basis. Maintains stock and sample medications that needed for patient care in the appropriate manner. Secures and maintains inventory and records/logs of controlled substances. Responds quickly to patient medical status and initiates the emergency response system as necessary.
What your background should be
- Completion of LPN program with current, valid license; valid CMA/RMA designation; completion of accredited medical assistant program; board-eligible, non-licensed RN; EMT or paramedic; or structured military training, which is clinical in nature per DD214. Basic life support for healthcare provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required. Must read, write, and speak in English fluently. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to change in patient and/or unit/clinic conditions.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED required.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org