Client Service Assistant
- Southfield, MI
What you'll be doing
- Prepare and complete required paperwork for account set up and account transfers. Work with home office to ensure accurate account setup and resolve issues. Provide continuous follow up with external companies for new business transactions throughout the transition. Maintain weekly client contact during the new business process. Manage various practice reports that track new business. Complete follow up from advisor meetings. Handle client mail and process checks, as needed. Maintain files and records in accordance with the records retention policy. Perform other allowable duties as assigned by the financial advisors. Manage and resolve client service requests. Answer questions and provide readily available information to clients, as it relates to servicing their accounts. Conduct transactions on behalf of clients. Attend and participate in client meetings, if necessary. Maintain client management system.
What your background should be
- 2+ years of similar experience. Already have or be able to study for and pass exams for federal and state licenses for securities, including series 7, series 66, and Michigan life, accident and health insurance licenses. Direct attention to detail and organization. Effective communication with clients and other advisor or staff. Effective and efficient time management. Polite and clear phone manner. Ability to multi task. Positive attitude and sincere willingness to constantly learn and grow.
Required Schooling / Training
- College degree or higher.
Who is the client company
- This is an American diversified financial services company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org