Cisco Networking Engineer/administrator
- San Jose, CA
What you'll be doing
- The network administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of network hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure; ensures that network hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and business partners. Cross functional activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy, research and development within the project life cycle, technical analysis and design and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on cross functional projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life cycle. Accountability includes but is not limited to headquarters and all satellite offices that are a part of corporate network infrastructure. Responsibilities on these network systems include engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
What your background should be
- Network administration/engineer certification. Network performance tuning, LAN knowledge, network design and implementation, problem solving, strategic planning, multi-tasking, quality focus, coordination, technical understanding, quick study four to six years network administration experience. Excellent written and oral communication skills team-wide and cross functional collaboration skills sufficient to work through challenges collaboratively technical breadth of experience beneficial for startup style environment self motivation, and a strong desire to continue to learn and grow technically excellent attention to detail, especially with respect to project management, IT team cross-training and documentation strong knowledge in linux centric environments.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor (4 years) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science, or relevant experience.
Who is the client company
- The company specializes in distribution and value added services relating to electronic components and computer products.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com