Child Life Specialist
- Bridgeport, CT
What you'll be doing
- The candidate is responsible for promoting optimum development of infants, children, adolescents and families; maintaining normal living patterns and minimizing psychological upset. As integral member of the interdisciplinary health care team, provide children opportunities for gaining a sense of mastery, for play, for learning, for self-expression, for family involvement and for peer interaction. Specialist will also provide instruction and supervision to student interns and volunteers and interpret child life philosophy to the health care community.
What your background should be
- Child life certification required. Minimum of 1-2 years of experience as a child life specialist in a health care environment. Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work with multidisciplinary groups in effective collaborative practice; CPR certified.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree or master degree in child life, child development, child and family studies, early childhood education, child psychology, recreational therapy, or related field preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a not-for-profit general medical and surgical hospital.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org