Child Care Partner
- Omaha, NE
What you'll be doing
- Child care partner provides direct care for the comfort, safety and personal needs of pediatric patients under the direction and supervision of the RN and provides for indirect unit support needs related to supplies and equipment. The successful candidate will adhere to hospital policies and procedures, provides individual patient cares according to the plan of care, delegated tasks and physician orders. He/she will demonstrate knowledge of appropriate care for infant, toddler, preschool, school age and adolescent patients. Utilize patient/family input in delivering individualized patient care. Complete delegated tasks in an appropriate time frame, based on patient needs such as vital signs, intake/output, height/weight/head circumference measurements, preparing for patient arrival/discharge, transports, tests and assists RN/MD with procedures. Participate with the multidisciplinary team in providing feedback/input into the patient/family care needs. Set and revise priorities based on patient care urgency, patient/family/staff requests, other department demands/schedules, utilizing available resources as necessary.
What your background should be
- The applicant must be able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, without loss of efficiency or composure and be able to perform under stressful conditions when confronted with multiple requests, demonstrating prioritization skills. He/she must have effective verbal, written communication skills and interpersonal skills. Experience as a nursing assistant with pediatric patients preferred. Current and valid basic life support (BLS) required.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Completion of a certified nursing assistant training course or currently a nursing student required.
Who is the client company
- This is a non-profit regional pediatric specialty health care center.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com