Chef de Cuisine
- Blacksburg, VA
What you'll be doing
- Assist in the supervision and management of a large university dining center and self-branded concepts under the direction of the executive chef. Responsibilities include assisting with execution of menu plan, budget plan, personnel plan, customer relations, safety and sanitation, and the maintenance of building, equipment, and sales & register transactions. Assist in the supervision, counseling, training and development of employees. Ensure all policies and procedures are followed. Ensure a high level of customer service at all times in the dining facility. Prepare recipes and ensure food productions are of the highest standards of quality, taste, creativity, presentation, and variety. Maintain high levels of customer service at all times.
What your background should be
- Eligibility of chef de cuisine through ACF. Considerable knowledge of commercial kitchen and food service operations including menu planning and schedule production, automated food ordering, preparation, set-up, pricing, merchandising, presentation, and maintenance. Ability to handle multiple tasks and serve high volume/quality in a fast paced environment. Demonstrated knowledge of computers including Windows, Microsoft Office, Outlook or similar systems and programs. Experience with automated food inventory systems.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate of an accredited culinary program.
Who is the client company
- This is a public, land-grant, research university.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org