Charge Nurse (RN)
- Nashville, TN
What you'll be doing
- Under the general supervision of the unit manager or designee, the charge nurse assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts. In collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in unit. The candidate assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shift. Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff. The role assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided when s/he is on duty. Makes decisions regarding activities within these areas based on administrative operational standards, nursing administrative standards, human resource standards, and standards of care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
What your background should be
- Holds current and active state of Tennessee registered nurse license. Clinical practice experience in the clinical specialty of his/her unit. Current BLS certification. Nursing preceptor workshop attendance prior to assuming charge role. Charge nurse workshop attendance within one year of assuming charge role.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Who is the client company
- The company is the global cancer enterprise of hospital corporation of america (HCA).
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com