- Sebring, FL
What you'll be doing
- The charge nurse is responsible for assisting with scheduling duties, coordination of the daily schedule and operation of surgery responding to all incoming phone calls. He/she is responsible for the assisting with the scheduling process, maintaining and manipulating informatics clinical resource for all surgical department statistical data, and patient change input. Accept and adhere to regulations, guidelines and standards established by local, state and federal agencies, including accreditation organizations. Act as a resource person for staff, physicians and management. Answer telephone expediently and politely. Assist the nurse manager when necessary. Assure appropriate traffic control at the surgery control desk. Assure that all needed supplies and equipment are available in a timely manner. Collaborate with anesthesia & schedulers to schedule surgery times consistent with history of procedure and surgeon. Collect, communicate and document surgery data, and disseminate information to nurse manager, director, AVP and ancillary departments. Demonstrate commitment to the philosophy, mission and goals of the organization and department. Demonstrate understanding and adhere to hospital and department policies and procedures. Manage assigned workload in a timely manner. Notify biomed/engineering of equipment failures, check repair needs, etc. Participate as part of the multidisciplinary team as directed. Promote and contribute positively to intra and interdepartmental relations. Provide positive, respectful communication to employees, physicians, anesthesia providers, ancillary departments, visitors and patients. Reorganize potential safety hazards, intervene for the safety.
What your background should be
- This position required minimum of 2 years of nursing experience. Current Florida RN license is required. BLS condition of employment is aldo required. ACLS within 90 days of employment.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associate degree in nursing.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the largest not for profit health care providers in United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com