Charge Capture Analyst
- Manchester, NH
What you'll be doing
- Reviews and updates ED PulseCheck harge master with CDM updates provided or requested from HIS. Completes adequate and required ED PulseCheck training to maintain proficiency in daily application support. Collaborates with and assists the ED business systems manager on all ED PulseCheck application updates and upgrades. Collaborates and assists other departments who are using ED PulseCheck relevant to charge capture and reimbursement. Serves as an ED PulseCheck resource for ED and physician staff relevant to charge capture/documentation issues. Reviews entire ED PulseCheck chart, including triage, nursing and physician documentation and physician orders to interpret and assign appropriate facility level and nurse procedure and supply charges. Checks and ensures each chart is complete and signed according to specified guidelines. Logs each incomplete ED PulseCheck chart by deficiency, triage date and current staff notified. Reviews list of incompletes daily and reports repeated instances of missing documentation or unsigned charts to ED management. Provides as requested and maintains relevant charge capture statistics extracted from ED PulseCheck report/archive function or approved SMS financial data. Participates in formulation/change of charge capture policies/procedures. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations including the standards of conduct, code of ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical, and professional behaviors. Performs similar or related duties as assigned or directed.
What your background should be
- 2 years experience, preferably working in an ED/outpatient coding/billing setting, with working knowledge of ICD9, CPT HCPCS and reimbursement rules for medical necessity, claims denial, bundling issues and charge capture. Certification preferred in one of the following: AHIMA certified coding associate with experience in outpatient coding or certified coding specialist with experience in outpatient coding or AAPC certified professional coder-hospital outpatient or certified emergency department coder.
Required Schooling / Training
- Two years college degree in a medically related discipline. Associate level degree in a medically related discipline preferred.
Who is the client company
- The company is a healthcare services provider.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org