Certified/Registered Medical Assistant
- Charlotte, NC
What you'll be doing
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for newborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and/or geriatric population of patients, as pertinent to the scope of the specialty of the office setting. Pre-visit planning with provider and care team. Follows the patient intake/rooming work in place at the practice. May include medication administration, including injections. Check vital signs, height, and weight. May assist with reviewing medication history and updating medication list. May assist with satisfaction of pertinent health maintenance requirements. Point of care testing (POCT) per standing order or provider order. Utilizes standard precautions, complies with company policies. Assists with patient inquiries for prescription refills, appointment scheduling, and referral authorization as needed. Participates in electronic documentation of care at the direction of the provider. Completes CLIA approved waived laboratory tests and practice-specific diagnostic testing in adherence to CLIA standards. Performs quality control and maintenance for point of care in-office lab procedures, as applicable. Performs venipuncture. May be required to assist with collection of specimens of body fluids such as urine and blood for laboratory testing. Completes lab requisitions and prepares specimens for pick-up. Responsible for monitoring inventory and stock medications, narcotics, and emergency medications/equipment specific to the practice setting. Ensures that all ordered laboratory and diagnostic tests are tracked and logged, and that the provider is presented with all test results.
What your background should be
- Current American heart association (AHA) BLS certification. Must maintain current certification. Completion of an accredited medical assistant program. Intermediate EMT or paramedic program with 3 years prior clinical experience required. Structured military training which is clinical in nature per DD214. Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. 3 years on the job training and successful completion of company approved competency assessment.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com