Certified/Registered Medical Assistant
- Charlotte, NC
What you'll be doing
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for newborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and/or geriatric population of patients, as pertinent to the scope of the specialty of the office setting. Pre-visit planning with provider and care team, follow the patient intake/rooming work in place at the practice. May include medication administration, including injections. Check vital signs, height, weight. May assist with reviewing medication history and updating medication list. May assist with satisfaction of pertinent health maintenance requirements. Point of care testing (POCT) per standing order or provider order. Utilize standard precautions, complies with CHS policies; occupational safety and health administration (OSHA) standards; clinical laboratory improvement amendments (CLIA) regulations; and the joint commission (TJC), division of facility services (DFS), and other regulatory agency standards as applicable to the practice. Report patient's condition and reaction to the provider following procedures, medication administration, or treatments. Assist with patient inquiries for prescription refills, appointment scheduling, and referral authorization as needed. Participate in electronic documentation of care at the direction of the provider. Complete CLIA approved waived laboratory tests and practice-specific diagnostic testing in adherence to CLIA standards. Perform quality control and maintenance for point of care in-office lab procedures, as applicable. Perform venipuncture. May be required to assist with collection of specimens of body fluids such as urine and blood for laboratory testing. Complete lab requisitions and prepare specimens for pick-up.
What your background should be
- Current American heart association (AHA), BLS certification. Must maintain current certification. Candidate must possess completion of an accredited medical assistant program. Intermediate EMT or paramedic program with 3 years prior clinical experience required. Structured military training which is clinical in nature per dd214. 3 years on the job training and successful completion of CHS medical group approved competency assessment. Candidate must possess authorization to work in the United States.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school degree or graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
Who is the client company
- This is a nonprofit hospital network which operates hospitals, freestanding emergency departments, urgent care centers, and medical practices in the American states of north and South Carolina.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org