Certified Nursing Assistant
- Shillington, PA
What you'll be doing
- Handle and serve residents in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort, under the direction of a licensed nurse. Perform all duties in accordance with established methods, techniques and recognized standards. Assist licensed nurses in admitting, admitting assessments, discharging, transferring and caring for the residents' personal belongings. Coordinate scheduling for residents requiring OT, PT and ST. Take and record weights, blood pressures, temperatures, pulse and respiration and give skin care treatments, as permitted by state regulation. Apply simple clean dressings, slings, stockings and support bandages, under direction of the licensed nurse, by state regulation. Provide direct care to the more acutely ill residents. Obtain clean linens and supplies, clean utility rooms, kitchen areas and all other nursing areas, as assigned. Clean resident equipment & maintain clean resident conditions and report on resident status or family concerns to a licensed nurse. Receive and escort visitors; collect charts, records and reports. Help to orient and mentor new nursing assistants. Put resident service first ensure that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere, which recognizes the individual's needs and rights. Perform other duties as requested.
What your background should be
- Must have 2 years experience as a CNA in SNF or hospital setting. Certified nursing assistant or CAN. Ability to read, write and understand the English language is mandatory. A minimum of 12 hours continuing education programs provided by the center to maintain certification. Successful completion of a state-approved CNA program.
Required Schooling / Training
- Minimum of a high school education or high school equivalency diploma preferred.
Who is the client company
- The client company is one of the nation's largest long-term care and rehabilitation provider.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org