Certified Medication Aide
- Yanceyville, NC
What you'll be doing
- Administer oral and external medications to residents under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse or a licensed practical /vocational nurse. Prepare and administer medications to residents following established procedures. Verify identity of resident receiving medication and records name of drug, dosage, and time of administration on specified forms or records. Clarify any order or treatment regimen believed to be inaccurate, ineffective or contraindicated by consulting with appropriate licensed practitioner. Notify supervisor when making the decision not to administer. Take and record vital signs upon administration of medications when required. Order and re-order medications and return all discharge medications for credit in compliance with federal and state regulations. Maintain neat, clean, and orderly medication room and cart. Take appropriate precautions to make sure residents/patient do not have access to medications other than those prescribed. Complete required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Experience as required by state regulations. Successful completion of a state approved course and is approved to administer oral and external medication. Physical demands & environment, shift work may be required.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is a government recruiting agency.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com