Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician
- South Gate, CA
What you'll be doing
- Provides superior customer service by acknowledging and responding to their needs promptly and appropriately. Performs the hemodialysis treatment according to company and the local centers policies and procedures. Adheres to all infection control procedures and understands the consequences associated with failing to follow those procedures. Performs cannulates using aseptic technique for needle insertion and all other required procedures. Disinfects machines, station area, and chairs after each patient treatment. Maintains a neat and clean environment. Performs thorough patient data collection and documentation of patient information prior to, during, and post dialysis, per scope of practice. Provides detailed and thorough documentation on treatment sheets and medical records, both manual and electronic. Communicates significant patient information to the appropriate team members in a clear, concise, and accurate manner. Provides reinforcement of education given to patients and their caregivers to increase their understanding of the disease and its treatment. Prepares dialyzer according to procedure during prime and set up; removes dialyzer at end of treatment, preparing it for reuse procedures per orders. Responsible for ensuring all safety checks are completed prior to initiation of treatment. Cannulates dialysis accesses, initiates treatments, monitors patient and machine, terminates treatment per policy and procedures. Administers medications such as normal saline, heparin, and lidocaine per MD orders under the direction and supervision of the registered nurse, and per scope of practice. Performs other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Six months of active hemodialysis patient care experience as a certified hemodialysis technician. BONENT/NNCC/NNCO certification (per state regulations); California department of public health CHT certification (required only for CA locations); and current CPR certification.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- Concern about healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com