- San Francisco, CA
What you'll be doing
- Coordinate and oversee internal and external catering events. Develop and maintain the catering marketing plan including a comprehensive event planning service to clients and detailed menu development. Hire, train, and schedule catering staff, and be actively involved in the development of existing catering staff in service techniques, menu presentation, policies, and procedures. Ensure successful operations of catering functions including labor cost control, food cost control and preparation, transportation, setup, operation and clean up of all events. Additional responsibilities include the reporting of operating statements, reports, and operational budgets, and review of the collection of receivables. Ensure all catering activities, books, plans & directed functions. Menu development & costing, marketing functions as relate to the catering department.
What your background should be
- A minimum five years of experience in hospitality industry including two years in management (preferably catering management) is required. Should have a combination of weddings, corporate events, galas, business meetings. Must have significant experience managing upscale events. The ability to supervise food preparation, service and clean up is also essential. Excellent customer service and communication skills. Proficient in Microsoft office, internet, and email.
Required Schooling / Training
- BS degree in hospitality or culinary degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a multinational contract foodservice, cleaning company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org